Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Time to vote!

Ok not THAT vote! But it is almost time for that too! Presidential debate tonight anyone?
My grandma (Lorraine Bachran) has been selected as one of the 16 finalists for AARP 50+ model search for 2008! So go HERE to vote for her!
Here is the essay that she sent in with her application:

Lorraine Bachran
Age: 79
Kaneohe, HI
Today the face of 50+ is full of life and vitality. I believe we can all age gracefully and healthily without relying on prescription drugs. My husband and I have six grown children and 10 grandchildren, and soon will welcome our sixth great-grandchild. Bill and I have been married for 59 years and are still working. Bill is an independent PR and media consultant for golf tournaments, and I serve as a wellness consultant and as an associate pastor for New Life Church Honolulu. Today we are more aware of anti-aging health programs, and are embracing each other and life more fully with vigor and joy and love.

Doesn't she look great for 79!! Oh and the sixth great-grandchild she references would be ours!:)
Ok now go vote!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a great looking grandma you have there. I hope I age so well :)