Sunday, February 1, 2009

Babymoon

Andrew and I have been planning to get away for a few months now even if it was just for a night and upon a recommendation from some friends we booked a night at the Blue Lantern Inn in Dana Point. Our friend Sarah came over to stay with Lucy for the night which was perfect because Lucy absolutely loves Sarah so I knew she would be comfortable and happy which put me at ease:) Gosh how will I ever leave our baby girl over night!? I guess I don't have to think about that for a while though! The Blue Lantern Inn was a perfect getaway, close enough that we didn't spend the whole time traveling and so peaceful that you really feel like you are in a world away! Everyone at the Inn was so nice too and made us feel so welcome! We had champagne and chocolates waiting in our room (they brought us some sparkling cider too:), unlimited soda which Andrew loved, beach cruisers, happy hour with cheese, chocolate cake and wine, and a scrumptious breakfast! The view from our room was fabulous too!
a cozy fireplace
a beautiful bathroom with a jacuzzi tub which I took full advantage of!
Andrew LOVED having use of the beach cruisers and it made him want one even more!
35 weeks people!

Riding around and getting ready to go for a ride.
To pick us up some starbucks!It was so peaceful sitting and enjoying the view. The weather has been amazing this week! It's supposed to stay too which means I'm probably going swimming in the morning!

Some paddle boarders, Andrew is planning on doing that next time! We may have to drive up one day just so he can paddle board.





View from our room with the sun rising.
After our scrumptious breakfast
A little Blue Lantern souvenir we couldn't pass up for our little girl!
Now we are back home and still basking in our relaxing memories and so glad we made the time for a little getaway!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks positively idyllic! You two needed that before Audra makes her appearance! Blessings.... mama B.

The Medina Heins' said...

HEY! You look sooooo beautiful! (Seriously..I'm not just saying that...YOU DO!!!) I'm glad you and Andrew were able to get away! Soo soon it will be time for your little Audra to be here!! xoxo Love you and miss you friend!!

Acker Family said...

Man, you look fantastic! I can't believe you're almost there! Those pictures are wonderful and it really makes me wanna go stay there! AJ and I might take a Cali. trip this summer, and we might just have to make a stop at that Inn! Fun!

Wendy said...

Looks wonderful, I can't explain to you how badly I need that RIGHT NOW!!!