Sunday, August 19, 2007

I wanna go back to my little grass shack . . .

The Happy Couple

A couple of weeks ago I went to my cousin Rebekah's wedding in Hawaii. She is now Mrs. Rebekah Botello! It was doubly exciting because I hadn't expected it to work out for me to go. Ahh I love weddings! It was so sweet to witness their love for each other and to get to share in the celebration. At the beginning of the ceremony my uncle and auntie surprised Rebekah and sang the song watercolor ponies her and we were all tearing up. I'm such a sucker for the sentimental!

In addition to all of the wedding celebrations I was able to spend some quality/quantity time holding my cousins five week old baby. So precious! It was so fun to catch up with cousins and aunties and uncles and to see my parents and sister. Being that I don't live by them anymore my time with them is quite precious as well!

I have attached quite a few photos for this one along with appropriate commentary!:)

This was taken at the Turtle Bay Resort reception the day following the ceremony. Rebekah asked Michael if he would mind if she ran for Mrs. Hawaii after they got married and he said who wouldn't want Mrs. Hawaii on their arm? I think she should do it!


This is Miss Hunter Stewart and if you ask her what her hands are for she will say "blessing" and if you ask her what her mouth is for she will say "edification"!! You can see part of her heffalump name Lumpy from whom she was inseparable.

This is Kelly holding little Dakota. Isn't he precious! I couldn't hog him the whole time could I??


Kelly and I are at a park a few blocks from our last house in Hawaii off of Kuliouou. We actually have on video my parents telling us at this park that we were moving to Oregon. They told us "Now you know you guys will have to play inside more will you mind?" and we said " We won't mind! We will just play Barbies or ironing!" Haha!!! Don't ask us why playing ironing seemed like a comparable alternative to running around barefoot all year! I guess things don't always have to make sense when you are three and six!
Just a few china people wearing chinaman's hat!

This is Kailua Beach just a few houses down from our friends the Meinken's house where we stayed this trip. Oh how I would love to walk on this beach everyday!

No comments: